Thursday 24 December 2015

Dec 7 Manakau to Clevedon

Coromandel was nice, very secluded and had stunning views. But back to hiking now. It's a 25k to Clevedon. I got my stitches out today in Manakau medical clinic which was a nice relief. I thought my hand would have been healed more than what it was but it's still parted and not together. Whatever I'll jut have to take good care of it keeping it clean. I'm not using my right pole so the walkin feels different. Can't get into much of a rhythm walking like before. 
Walking to Clevedon was mostly road walking with a 5 km detour through a pine forest. It passed right before a quarry and went straight up. 
I stopped in Clevedon after making the decision I would much rather sleep in a motel then a tent. Tough choice. 
Tomorrow is the start of the Hunua Range. Weather looks perfect so it should be a good time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment